My Passion for Books



I grew up reading books of almost all genres. I thank my parents for helping me develop this habit of reading. Till the moment when I wasn't able to read or decipher what was written down on the paper, my parents were the ones who read out stories and things of general knowledge. So it isn't a surprise that I enjoy books at present as much as anything else in this world.
Books I grew up with
As I recall one of the earliest stories I heard was that of Snow White and Seven Dwarfs. It was exciting to learn how much the dwarfs liked the princess and vice versa.
Gulliver's Travels also made a profound effect on me during my younger days, especially to learn how this world values stature over virtues. Well, I was a little disappointed when its movie could not do justice to the actual book.
Then as I grew up, these were replaced with books related to mystery and adventure like Agatha Christie or the Famous Five. And then there is a plethora of thriller books from those of Ian Fleming to autobiographies of great souls like Mahatma Gandhi.
Book I am currently reading
You must be wondering as to what I am reading at the moment. I am combing through Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code". This is not the first time I am reading the book. It is so spell-binding that every time I read it I get a different perspective on the book, its characters and the theme. Dan Brown has done a remarkable job with its characters mainly Langdon breaking the code hidden in the works of Leonardo da Vinci.
Of late I have been reading books on spiritualism and self-help. The moment I finish reading these books, I find myself in a far richer state of mind. I get "enlightened" so I find it very important to go back to these books every now and then to collect your bearings and move on.
Books I want to read
Now, for the books that I would like to read-I really want to get hold of Nelson Mandela's autobiography, "Long Walk to Freedom". Mr. Mandela is one of my greatest inspirations for the fact that he had the courage and determination to forgive those who mistreated him. It is a heart-rending fact that he is no more among us but I truly hope that his legacy of compassion continues to be with us for eternity and beyond.
And finally
I truly believe that my passion for books will remain with me forever. I belong to a country where most people do not have access to books and printed materials. It is indeed a noble gesture that some non-profits have started mobile libraries in these remote areas to help develop and nurture the habit of reading in people from very young age.
I will talk about the scarcity of books and the deprivation of young children of a reading culture thereof in my country in my next article.


المرجو نشر هذا الموضوع

Sharing Widget bychamelcool


معلومات عن العضو

تاريخ الميلاد : المهنه : الإسم الكامل : أ الدولة : ا صاحب مدونةعقـول الويـب

وسائل التوصل معه :

Ads
Ads
comments powered by Disqus

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لعقول الويب 2014-2015| © مدونة عقول الويب Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.